The Correct Way To Waterproof Your Basement in Michigan
How to waterproof your basement in Michigan. You may want to advise a professional waterproofer during the work so that its done correctly. Waterproofing can be expensive if you do it wrong.
1. Fill cracks and holes in concrete walls and floors with hydraulic cement.
2. Apply a coat of waterproof masonry cement to inside surface of basement walls.
3. Attach flexible extensions to ends of downspouts to carry water away from foundation.
4. Dig trench directly below downspout for 4-inch-diameter PVC pipe.
5. Connect downspout to PVC pipe.
6. Install a drywell at opposite end of pipe to catch and disperse rainwater.