Information on Leaky Basements
Basement leaks in Metro Detroit are annoying and may reduce the value of your home, yet many repairs are inexpensive. $99 Waterproofing provides prompt professional service to homeowners and emergency closing services to real estate professionals in Metro Detroit.
We, Will, Beat Any Price For Basement Wall Crack or Tie Rod Hole Repairs!
Some basement leaks can pose health and safety problems in Metro Detroit if water comes into contact with electrical wiring or creates a mold problem. Mold thrives in wet basements, especially in finished basements where it can grow on and behind damp drywall, paneling, and carpeting. No type of mold is good for your health. When dry, mold spores can become airborne and circulate throughout the home. That is why it’s ideal to do basement waterproofing in Metro Detroit.
Common health problems caused by mold exposure are headaches, fatigue, eye irritation, runny nose, sneezing, cough, congestion, upper respiratory infections, and worsening asthma. The warning signs of a potentially serious problem are:
- Mold, mildew, and musty odors
- Damaged, warped, or dry-rotting paneling or drywall in finished basements
- Cracked, stained, or discolored walls and floors caused by water leaks
- Damp or wet basement walls, carpeting, and floors in Metro Detroit
- Cracked, chipped, or peeling paint or spray coating on basement walls
- Spiders, water bugs, termites, and other insects thriving on water leakage